Re: Nut and bolt storage

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nut and bolt storage
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@avaya.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:25:49 -0500
"William M. Gilroy" wrote:

> Currently I store my boxes of nuts and bolts in one of the drawers
> of my toolbox.  It makes is a pain to find the correct item, then
> I have to open the box, get the pieces and then put it all back.  I
> figure there has to be a better way.  I was looking at the "Northern
> Tools" web sight and at the this web link:

The best solution for me was from John Niolon who suggested the
letter file.  I called around and one of the guys local to me does
not have anything like a letter file or punched card cabinet in
stock, but once I told what I wanted to use it for he took my
name and said he would call if something can in.  The price in
NJ from him was $40 to $80.  Not quite 5 bucks, but if I find
something that does the job I will be happy.  Something like a
Vidmar would cost more.

Bill Gilroy

///
///