Measuring Instruments

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Measuring Instruments
From: LRuggi2635@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 10:05:14 EDT
Hey guys-- I'm looking to purchase a set of (preferable), or individual,
precision measuring instruments (good for at least .001), suitable for
checking auto engine clearances, diameters (inner and outer), and run-outs.
My local Harbor Freight sells some calipers and dial indicators, but I don't
trust their quality (you know typical Harbor Freight-- some of it's good, the
rest forget it).  Any suggestions where to start without spending and arm and
a leg?  TIA

Larry
Warner Robins GA

///