Area Hardwood floor

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Area Hardwood floor
From: epetrevich@relavis.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:24:36 -0400
Since we just finished the "Pergo" thread, I was wondering something about
it.

Is it possible to take the interlocking Pergo pieces and put them together
in a square (like 6'X6') and use that as an "Area Hardwood Floor?"

I have a hardwood floor in my office.  I have a chair for my desk that is
slowly destroying the floor.  I wanted to lay a small portion of Pergo
under my desk area.  If the chair kills that, I can replace it easy.

I know that I can get mats made for this, but they always look like crap.
I was hoping to make the square and then rip a piece of boarder for the
saddle.

Any ideas?  Anyone know if it's possible?

inch

///