Re: LA Trade Tech College enrolling for the fall

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LA Trade Tech College enrolling for the fall
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 16:53:23 -0700
On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 04:41:29PM -0700, Douglas Shook wrote:

> Hi listers,
>
> For those of us in the Los Angeles Area, LA Trade Tech is
> enrolling for the fall semester (9/4 - 12/20). Last fall I took a
> welding class, and then an auto body repair and painting class in
> the spring (for that one you drive your car/project right in to
> the shop, have your own stall, and they provide all the tools) .

Damn, that's cool.

Last spring I took an intro to machine tools class
at DeAnza JC in Cupertino (silicon valley).
It was a decent class, with an intro to lathe
and mill work by way of a couple very easy projects.

Unfortunately they haven't offered the next class in
the series since then, and it's a prereq to the rest of them.

If you're interested, see
http://schedule.fhda.edu/FMDB/DAfallDept.fm?max=500&Department=MFGD&sort=

MFDG 70 is the intro class.

Eric