Re: Pressure washer to strip exterior paint?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pressure washer to strip exterior paint?
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:30:38 -0600
Brian wrote:
>>> I'm planning to paint the house this summer and want to make the prep as
easy as
 possible.  Most of the house is stucco in good condition, but the paint on
the
 trim and carport is in poor shape and flaking off.  <skip> scraping
overhead is not a task I look forward to.  I was thinking  a pressure washer
might make the job of removing the old paint easier.<<<

My favorite paint store put me onto a great product to use over flaking
paint:  It's a Pittsburg product called "Rez" Permatizer.  The thing is,
after you remove all the flaking by whatever method, there'll just be more
flaking . . .  "Rez" puts an amazingly adherent coat over the remains of the
old paint and effectively "glues" it in place . . then you apply a top coat.
I did a flaking board fence three years ago and there's nary a new flake!

Tony