RE: Under the hood temperature

To: "shop talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Under the hood temperature
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 07:17:41 -0700
Dave Williams wrote :

> And he's in good company, since the
> California Air Resources Board and the US Environmental Protection
> Agency have also backed off on their former "tertiary butyl ethers have
> no drawbacks" party lines.

I just wish they'd admit they were wrong to begin with, 'oxygenated' fuel on
the whole causes more pollution, not less !

Actually, the CARB has tacitly admitted this, they have recommended dropping
the oxygenate altogether.  The EPA seems to be insisting that we burn either
MTBE or ethanol so the corn growers can get rich; and I understand the
Canadians have filed a lawsuit under NAFTA to force us to continue burning
MTBE.  Something is very wrong when a "free trade agreement" means we have
to poison ourselves so some company can get rich selling us the poison ...

Randall