Re: Class 3 hitch

To: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Class 3 hitch
From: "John Viviani" <geeno@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 19:48:33 -0400
Not sure which brand of truck you are buying, but if it is a Dodge yes it
will handle a weight distribution hitch. However it is a class 4 not 3,
unless the new body style is different. Dodge also has a nice towing
brochure that should cover all of this, may be on the website also.

Gino
01 Dodge Ram Sherrod Conversion Van(aftermarket class 3 hitch)-96 Miata(for
sale)-
95 Wrangler-79 LiL Red Truck(for sale)-62 Chrysler Newport (19K org miles)

> OK, here's a really dumb question:  are all Class 3 hitch receivers
capable
> of weight distributing?
>
> I'm about to replace my tow vehicle.  The new vehicle is available with a
> factory-installed optional Class 3 receiver.  The local dealer doesn't
know
> if this receiver is capable of being used with a weight-distributing
hitch,
> he thinks so but can't find any documentation from the vehicle OEM that
says
> so.
>
> The local aftermarket hitch dealer says I should skip the OEM optional
Class