RE: battery drain?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: battery drain?
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 07:24:59 -0700
> We recently had a dead battery on our 1996 Chrysler.

> With the everything
> 'off', the
> meter is reading 0.45 - 0.48 amps on the 0-10 scale.

> Does it sound like it is still 'leaking' electrons somewhere?

Yes.  The draw should be less than 100ma (0.1 amp) and usually is much lower
than that.  500ma is enough to run a small bulb, like perhaps the glove
compartment light, and will drain the battery in a few day's time.  Also
look for dirt caked around any 'hot' connection, like the starter solenoid.

Randall