Parts Washers (was: Parts cleaner solvent opinions)

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parts Washers (was: Parts cleaner solvent opinions)
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:37:51 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On the subject of parts washers...  My dad wants one for his birthday.
What's important?  This will be used occasionally for standard "hobby
mechanic" usage vs. fulltime shop usage.

I see that some have an air agitator hookup?  What's that?  Do I want it?

Any reason not to just get the harbor freight specials?  I figure the
pumps are probably lower quality, but _my_ standard tool buy approach is
to buy something reasonably cheap, then if I use it constantly upgrade it
(leaving either a spare or a broken tool, depending on how well I plan...
:-)

Thanks!

Mark