Re: Parts Washers (was: Parts cleaner solvent opinions)

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Parts Washers (was: Parts cleaner solvent opinions)
From: "Wayne Farrington" <w.farrington@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:22:14 -0700
I bought a parts washer from Enco. I think it is probably the same one as HF
or close to it. As has been previously mentioned the on/off switch is
terribly fragile. My unit has a drain plug in the bottom for fluid changes
etc. I thought this would be a handy feature. It probably would be if it
didn't continually leak all over the place. I've tried replacing the washer,
tightening the drain plug etc. Nothing works, it continues to leak at a slow
steady rate. Once all the fluid has leaked out I'm going to turn it over and
weld up the hole. Very frustrating. In retrospect I would try to find a half
way decent quality washer. But at the time I figured "how bad can a cheap
washer be, there is not that much to it". Yeah right. Once again I find
myself regretting trying to save a buck on tools..........

Wayne