RE: Oil stains on concrete

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil stains on concrete
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 11:24:26 -0700
> I've heard of using things like kitty litter, but wonder what will
> happen if it gets into the pool during a severe rain storm. I expect
> nothing serious. Perhaps I can place a barrier of towels between the oil
> stain and the pool.

Kitty litter is only good for soaking up loose oil, it won't do much for oil
stains.

I've heard that concrete mix works well for getting oil out of concrete, but
haven't tried it myself.

Last time I worked at it very hard, I used a paste of tri-sodium phosphate
(not the fake TSP stuff) and worked it well into the surface with a broom;
waited several hours and then cleaned with a pressure washer.  Worked fairly
well, but you could still see an outline of where the oil had been.

Randall