Re: Harbor Freight Torque wrenches for LBC (Randall)

To: "Don Malling" <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Harbor Freight Torque wrenches for LBC (Randall)
From: "Michael Lowe" <mlowe@itrade-sa.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:52:01 -0700
Don,
What you can do, if you still have the bending beam device, is make an
adaptor that can link the driving pin on it to the new clicker. Set a torque
on the clicker wrench and fix it by the handle so it can't move (maybe a
wood vise or big bench vise with wood/plastic to keep the handle from being
scratched. Then slowly turn the beam wrench, watching the scale. When the
click happens you lose the pointer, just try to remember where it was when
the click happens.
The beam wrenches are really pretty accurate, between about 5% above the
lower reading and 85% of the upper limit, the springs are almost absolutely
linear.
Regards,
Michael
Napa, CA