Re: Speaking of trailers...

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speaking of trailers...
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:33:07 -0400
>With any kind of vehicle, securing the load by the tires leaves a LOT
of
>sprung weight bouncing around in back, and I think it is better to
attach to
>the frame and secure with load binders.

The suspension is actually a very good reason not to attach to the
frame, at least not exclusively.  Unless you completely collapse the
suspension with the binders, the car can bounce up and down, slacking
the chain and potentially releasing the hooks.  If you attach to the
wheels, this bouncing release cannot happen.  A lot of this potential
has to do with how vertically you place the chains between the frame of
the car and the trailer.

The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is
privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this
communication to the sender and delete the original message and any copy of it
from your computer system. Thank you.
<<<<GWIASIG 0.07>>>>