RE: Anybody know anything about rigging a boat launch?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Anybody know anything about rigging a boat launch?
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 11:25:28 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

>    I just bought a modest (ok: beat up) 15 foot fiberglass boat that I
> have a 20hp motor I'll be putting on. It came with a good trailer.
>
>    Have a cottage, and now need a way to get it in and out of the water.

What my soon to be father-in-law does for his small (12'?  15'?) sailboat
is to have a boat ramp setup.

Its probably 100' or so of parallel metal channel that goes down into the
water and up onto the land, following the shore.  He's got a winch on one
end, and a cart that rides on the ramp.  You slide the boat up into the
cart, then winch the cart up onto shore.

He takes the whole thing out in the winter due to ice, etc.

Mark