Re: compact tractors, loaders, backhoes (fwd)

To: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: compact tractors, loaders, backhoes (fwd)
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:44:23 -0500
Check out:  http://www.farmprotractors.com/

These are distributed by Homier.  They fall into the general category of
"Chinese tractors".

Check out:  http://www.homestead.com/ctoa/

I have an Allis Chalmers 5020 that is pretty much as you describe, and I
bought it (used) for the same reasons.  I have agricultural tires on mine,
and that has been fine.  When digging trenches and things get muddy, it's
an advantage.  The only time I would switch to turf tires would be if I
planned to mow with it.

If you really have time on your hands, you could always build it yourself:

http://www.cadplans.com/loaders.htm

I was in exactly the same situation as you as far as
renting.  Unfortunately, I did not have a parent with a Kubota.  I would
definitely go with the borrowed Kubota solution if that is an appropriate
machine.  I'm not familiar with their model numbers.  There has to be a way
to add a loader to it.  Of course, you're not going to want to give it back...

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net