Re: wood overhead

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Subject: Re: wood overhead
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:14:49 -0500
On 6/20/05, John T. Blair <jblair1948@cox.net> wrote:

> In my opinion, the answer is to buy an engine crane.  You can get a
> very nice 2Ton one for under $200.

I've pulled engines both with a crane and a chain fall.  I'll never
use a chain fall again.   On just about everything I've ever seen, the
engine has to come forward (or sideways, or back, or all three)
instead of just up.  On most semi-modern vehicles, it needs to move in
two directions,  more or less at the same time.  A crane lets you do
this.

If space is the issue, you can rent (or probably borrow one.  Almost
everyone I know who does any amount of wrenching has one; they're
cheap.)

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com