Re: stuck brake calipers

To: Eric J Russell <ejrussell@mebtel.net>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: stuck brake calipers
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 07:31:18 -0800 (PST)
> One thought was to get a grease gun and fill it with
> cheap-o brake
> fluid. But the grease gun I tried just leaks all
> over the place. I
> think it'd work fine if the part that is supposed to
> hold the grease
> cartridge could also hold liquids.
>
> Any other ideas?

For oiling my trunnions, I took a mini-size grease gun
and removed the piston-rod-spring stuff, and epoxied a
penny over the hole where the rod came out.  Now I can
fill it with gear oil and pump it into the trunnions
without making a mess, as long as I hold it with the
pump end down.  (I made this tool at least 12 years
ago, and once a year I take it from its resting place,
use it for two minutes, and put it back for another
year.)

Doug Braun
'72 Spit