Re: [Shop-talk] Hanging a Cuckoo clock

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Hanging a Cuckoo clock
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 16:58:00 -0800
Randall,

I've had good luck with the screw in plastic anchors like # 892428 at
Home Depot.  This link may get you there.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=100165900

They are more sensitive in plaster, but I used one on each end of the
kid's towel bars in drywall and they held up to lots of pulling and
tugging.  I also used a couple to hand a big mail distro center at work.

I found best results by predrilling a hole slightly smaller than the
anchor.  With plaster, you need to predrill and not overtighten.
They've held up so far in my plaster walls at the current house.

Brian