Re: [Shop-talk] Shop light problems - update

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shop light problems - update
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw@ipns.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 23:22:19 -0700
Thanks for the additional information regarding instant vs rapid start.  I
checked the new ballasts, and they are definitely marked instant start.  I
check the bulb packaging, and the only indication was that the life was rated
for instant start ballast.  I checked the box for the fixture, and is said
"starts instantly", which isn't quite "instant start" in my mind.  The
original ballasts just said "cold starting", but based on the wiring, they
might be rapid start, though it doesn't seem to exactly match the wiring
diagrams I've found for those, either.

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS CTC67956L