Re: [Shop-talk] Porch Ceiling <- now Holmes on Homes

To: "shop-talk List" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Porch Ceiling <- now Holmes on Homes
From: "Mark Watson" <watsonm05@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 19:51:45 -0400
Hi, All,

    I love watching this show for several reasons including seeing "good"
examples of bad technique and all the tips on what's good technique for that
particular situation.  And I really like the image someone with strong
ethics.

    Does anybody else hope that Mike Holmes is at least 10% as ethical in
real life as he appears on TV?

    I too don't want anything I do to be a "good" bad example but I sure
would blow a head gasket (in a good way) if it showed up as a good example.

    And to give Mike credit there are a shows where he calls out some part
of the project (like the electrical or plumbing for example) as acceptable
or (rarely) good quality work.

Mark Watson
(who really hopes Mike NEVER looks at the drywall I put up in the garage
partly to get the experience of taping & mudding joints).
1956 Daimler Regency Mk II '104' <-- long term resto project
1965 Ford Falcon <-- shorter term (I hope!) repair project
various other transportation pods

> http://www.hgtv.com/holmes-on-homes/show/index.html
>
> He removes work that people have had done very poorly and does it right.
>
> All I can find around here are the people that do the type of work he has
> fix! %^(
>
> Rich White St. Joseph, IL USA
> '63 TR3B TCF587L
> That ain't a scrap pile, that is my car!
>
>> Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 18:42:43 -0400
>> From: doug@dougbraun.com
>> To: bob@texmog.com; Shop-talk@autox.team.net
>> Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Porch Ceiling
>>
>> What's "Holmes"?
>>
>> Doug
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 6:02 PM, <bob@texmog.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Bob Nogueira ( Who doesn't want to see any of his work on "Holmes")

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums