Re: [Shop-talk] car parts pricing tip

To: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>, Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] car parts pricing tip
From: "Galt, Stuart A" <stuart.a.galt@boeing.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 13:12:26 -0700

Heck, even OEM parts can vary quite a bit depending on how you get them.
I needed a clutch pedal sensor switch for my F350.  I called three local
dealers and they all had it in stock and the prices ranged from 79 to 179.
I then went on line to ford.com and tried to buy online and pick up at one
the local dealers and the price changed quite a bit depending on who I
selected
as my "preferred" dealer. Prices ranged from 49 to 99... I couldn't believe
it
so I called the dealer back again and said how come you are 49 online and 129
in person?  They dropped the price to 99 but couldn't go further.  So I hung
up and purchased it online.  When I picked it up at the same dealer the guy
could not explain why the prices were all over the map.

I know I could have probably gotten the part cheaper mail order via a non-OEM
place but it was Sunday and I needed the truck on Monday.

Stuart.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive