Re: [Shop-talk] pc to hdtv hookup (in the shop)

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] pc to hdtv hookup (in the shop)
From: <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 15:00:25 -0500
I seem to have read that some video outs don't include the sound channels, or
maybe your cable isn't transmitting the sound channels.  You may need to do
some research regarding your own laptop to see how it operates.  If it turns
out that your laptop isn't putting out sound on the hdmi output then you can
possibly buy an adapter that will combine the hdmi output and the submini audio
output into one cable.

There are some places on the net that sell a wide variety of different cables
and adapters.  They likely make something that would plug in and work for you.
I have a link at home that I can send tonight if you need it.

> need some expertise... laptop to HDTV hook up thru a home theatre system...
> get the picture fine by using the remote monitor cable straight to the tv...
> but no sound... tried a submini audio cable from the pc headphone jack to the
> jack on the theater and the TV  no sound....

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums