[Shop-talk] brake problems on a goose neck trailer

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] brake problems on a goose neck trailer
From: Frank Vantacich <rustymetal@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 05:40:32 -0700 (PDT)
I have a dual axle 25' goose neck trailer with electric brakes. The two brake
drums on the passenger side get extremely hot after a six mile trip with no
load. The two drums on the other side are perfectly cool. The trailer has less
than 10K miles on it and is 7 years old. I have stripped down both backing
plates and cleaned everything up and adjusted the brakes more than once, both
drums have new bearing. The drums get extremely hot only when the trailer is
connected electrically, if I don't connect it the outside hubs get just a
little
warm. Do I have a short for those to wheels?

Thanks for the help.

Frank V.
rustymetal@sbcglobal.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html