[Shop-talk] brake problems on a goose neck trailer

Subject: [Shop-talk] brake problems on a goose neck trailer
From: strovato at optonline.net (Steven Trovato)
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:17:00 -0400
Frank,

I am having a hard time coming up with a likely electrical fault that
explains all this.  I think a more likely explanation is that when
applied, the brakes are not releasing, or releasing very
slowly.  Perhaps the return springs are weak.  You should be able to
jack up the trailer and spin the wheels by hand to experiment.  My
guess is that the wheels will spin free with the electric connected,
but continue to drag after brake application.

-Steve Trovato
strovato at optonline.net