[Shop-talk] The air saga continues...

Subject: [Shop-talk] The air saga continues...
From: arvidj at visi.com (Arvid Jedlicka)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 06:11:51 -0500
The issue that I see is that with a vacuum you would only be able to create
... at best ... 14.7 psi at the joint. This might not be enough to push ...
or suck depending on how you want to look at it ... the thick liquid into
the leaking joint.

You mentioned that there are only minor leaks with over 100 psi in the
system. Removing all of the air from the system leaves you with only regular
air pressure on the outside of the joint and I suspect ... but can not prove
... that will not be enough to accomplish your goal.

I would think a very thin liquid would be a better choice to get into the
joint but a material that meets that criteria may not meet any of the other
criteria for sealing the system over time, vibration, etc.

Arvid