[Shop-talk] Filling large gaps in wood?

Subject: [Shop-talk] Filling large gaps in wood?
From: bjshov8 at tx.rr.com (BJNoSHOV8)
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 22:44:23 -0500
I was going to suggest filling the gaps with strips of wood, maybe
tapered strips of wood, then caulk/tape and bed what remains.  I've cut
long tapered strips of wood on my table saw using the rip fence.  I
nailed one strip of wood on top of another strip, with the top strip
angled slightly and the edge of the top strip running against the rip fence.