Re: [Shop-talk] Mountable extension cord?

To: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mountable extension cord?
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 22:16:02 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 5 Jul 2011, David Scheidt wrote:
> I know of ZERO code-approved ways to put a mobile outlet into a
> drawer, and I looked pretty hard a couple years ago.

    There's some way to do it.  Snap-On sells a box with this feature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3fIF5MA5jw

    They specifically mention that it's UL-approved.  Now, maybe it
requires a big chunk of the $13k cost of that box to do it, in which case
that won't help me, but it is possible.

    For the record, charging cordless tools ISN'T what I'm trying to do...
although now that I've seen that box, I'm thinking about it ;)

--
  David Hillman

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96