[Shop-talk] Cat 6 cable (and water) to the garage

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Cat 6 cable (and water) to the garage
From: "Mark Miller" <markmiller@threeboysfarm.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 20:59:25 -0700
I think you should be able to get the electrician to run an empty flex
conduit in the same trench while it is open for the goodwill, as it really
isn't any extra work for them.  Asking them to place and glue in fittings
and such is too much to hope to get for free/ little.
And two empty conduits means you can run a pex line through one if water
becomes a desire later (really you can use one for both but it makes more
sense to keep them separate if you can).  If you can buy the conduit ahead
of time and have it there, perhaps with a case of sodas for while working
and a case of beer for afterwards. . .

1" flex at McMaster is $1.19 a foot, probably much less at a local
electrical supply house.  It is way bigger than you'd need, but it is easier
to snake through bigger tubing.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#nonmetallic-conduit/=d3ftbz

Good luck!

Mark Miller