Re: [Shop-talk] Gutting a cottage and suffering from shipwright's

To: Aric <shop@shariconglobal.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Gutting a cottage and suffering from shipwright's
From: "David C." <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 20:48:20 -0700
As far as I'm concerned, HVLP guns are for furniture.  If  you have to
paint a house or walls, rent an airless, or an old school pressure pot
system.

The house sounds like enough work.  I would bulldoze the cottage; it
sounds like a money pit and a health hazard.  If you do work in it and
the rodent crap is anywhere near what you described, I would strongly
recommend wearing a real honest to goodness respirator (NOT a dust mask)
and a tyvek suit while I did all the demo and clean up.  Seriously, that
thing sounds like bad news and you're never going to get all the stink
out of it.  Torch it.

Aric wrote:
> we just
> bought a property that needs an obscene amount of work (which explains why
> we got it so cheap) and I'll be spending the next year rehabbing it.  The
> main house is ~2300sq-ft and was built in 1825 (and was the original
> schoolhouse for the area).  There's also a cottage on the property that's
> roughly 800sq-ft that was built in the I

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums