[Shop-talk] Run air tools on a water hose?

Subject: [Shop-talk] Run air tools on a water hose?
From: eltonclark at gmail.com (Elton E. (Tony) Clark)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 19:08:22 -0500
There is a pleasant solution!  My 1800 sq ft insulated shop is cooled by a 5
ton A/C unit
which sucks the moisture level down
to as little as 10% on my cheap humidity meter.
I only run the A/C when I'm  in the shop; 40-50 hours a month but it stays
very dry.  Not only
have I no condensate in the compressor, I stay comfortably cool!  Since I
only run the shop unit about one 15th of the time I run my home unit, (720
hours per month) it's very affordable, under $100 per month for 4 or five
months of Texas summer.  Tony