Re: [Shop-talk] Run air tools on a water hose?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Run air tools on a water hose?
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 09:39:40 -0400
On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 12:07 AM,  <malaboge@aol.com> wrote:
> The weather here is HOT...but then that's not anything new round here.  I
try
> to do the "heavy lifting", compressor-wise, early in the AM when its only
in
> the 80's...no idea of the humidity, but this is normal weather here and
> haven't had this much problem in the past.

Humidity at a particular time of day isn't the problem.  The humidity
may change, but the moisture in the air remains the same.  As the air
heats up, its capacity to hold water increases -- thus, the same
moisture content results in lower humidity in hot air, since the warm
air can absorb yet more moisture.

As for a sudden increase in water in the lines...Are you sure you are
draining the tank completely?  I can see a scenario where water could
build up in the tank, until one day it rises to the level of the
outlet, and all of the sudden water is getting blown out with the air.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.  --  where we are familiar with humidity

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums