Re: [Shop-talk] tv in the shop

To: John Niolon <jniolon@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] tv in the shop
From: Robert nogueira <nogera@icloud.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 22:16:34 -0500
Cc: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
I've been recording tv shows for several years using the program called Total
Recorder by High Criteria.  I have a tv card in my computer and source the
show right off my Directv TiVo box. It allows you to set the format, ( I use
mp4) and quality.  It has auto start and a timer if you want to record off
air.
The Azul app for Ipad and iPhone will also play the mp4 files on my iPad.
Another nice feature is you can edit shows, cutting out sections.
The flexibility of the program makes it rather complicated however once you
find the settings that work best for you you can save them and changes setting
becomes a one click operation.

Bob