[Shop-talk] led security lighting vrs incandescent`

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] led security lighting vrs incandescent`
From: "John Niolon" <jniolon@att.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 17:01:07 -0600
I've just changed out 5 of 8 bulbs in my corner lights on the house and
shop... they are typical 500 watt
halogen stick light fixtures... they have a pretty long life as they are not
dusk to dawn and we only use then for company arrivals and work in front of
the shop...

the problem is that the fixtures are metal and the lense covers are plastic
that is old (20 years) and brittle and I now have 3 of the eight with cracked
or missing lense covers... I've had to Rube Goldberg some lense cover
retainers...

so I'm thinking of replacing and considering LED....  I know the cost
difference but I like the low wattage and long life expect...     my question
is the light output   how do they compare watt for watt as far as flood light
illumination !!!   are they as bright ??   fill me in led gurus

thanks
john

---
protection is active.