[Shop-talk] direct burial Cat 5

To: shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] direct burial Cat 5
From: Dave Cavanaugh <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 12:43:33 -0800
I have been fighting with getting Wifi out to my shop building for
years.  It's about 100 feet from the main house, and it's a metal pole
barn so I have to have the Wifi receiver in a window.  I am about ready
to run a hard wire out to the building and was wondering if anyone had
any experience with direct burial CAT 5 or 6 wire.  I would probably run
it in a shallow trench and the total run including snaking it around the
house and out to the shop would probably be about 150 feet at the most.
I would probably just jam in into a shallow slot in the dirt cut with a
shovel or spade.