Re: [Shop-talk] Grinder pedestal

To: Brad Kahler <bkahler1@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Grinder pedestal
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 21:36:35 -0500
Cc: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
I have one of those Craftsman folding workbenches with the two-piece
clamping top surface.
It is pretty stable.  I also have several benchtop tools, like a small
router table, a small band saw, and a buffer.
I mounted each of these tools on a a 14" x 24" piece of plywood with an
additional 2" wide strip running across
the underside.  To use a tool, I put it on top of the workbench with the 2"
strip between the two pieces of
workbench table, so it can be clamped in place.  The tools that are not
being used live on some shelving brackets
on my garage wall.

This system has worked well for me.

Doug