Re: [Shop-talk] Refrigerator

Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Refrigerator
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 17:21:53 -0400
Cc: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 2:59 PM, Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org> wrote:
> In my limited experience (2 units) the dorm fridges are so inefficient that
> they cost more to run than the beverages you'd put in them. I was spending
> $20/month on the cube one.

In my garage, which has mostly seen the small dorm fridge and the
compressor as the only steady loads, I seem to use about 12 - 14 kWh
when it's just the fridge, and 30 - 50 kWh when I add the compressor.
But I pay about 8 cents a kWh, so it's not that big a deal.  Costs me
$19 a month just to have the meter.  The bill is typically $20 to $25
a month.