Re: [Shop-talk] Ever sell off all your tools?

To: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Ever sell off all your tools?
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 20:24:39 -0500
Cc: "Shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
> On Aug 22, 2015, at 18:33, Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org> wrote:
>
> I turned 50 this year, and realized the past 25 years were one long fix-it
> session. While I made a living at it, and saved some $ DIYing, I'm
> contemplating moving into a condo in the city and just writing that monthly
> HOA check.

Another alternative is to outsource the bits you don't like (lawn care, snow
removal, routine car maintenance?), and do the stuff you do like (restoring?
Fabrication?).   Depending on where you are, things like lawn mowing can be
ridiculously cheap, and give a bunch of time to other things.

On the other hand, if you do go for a condo, keep enough tools to do stuff
you'd feel like an idiot calling a plumber for.