Re: [Shop-talk] shopvac recommendations

To: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>, shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] shopvac recommendations
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 23:57:37 -0700
I bought a Rigid as a Black Friday special at home depot several year
ago.  It is a big step up from my small Shop Vac.  Much quieter too.
I've filled it with plaster dust and cellulose insulation to the point
where it lost suction.  In other words, lots of abuse.  I've also used
it for digging in a confined space for plumbing or electrical conduit
under a slab.  Break up the dirt a little with a pry bar or big
screwdriver then suck it out with the vac.  There are four different
filters available, including a HEPA one.

I recommend the ones where you can also put the hose on the exhaust so
you have blower.  The blow function will also assist unclogging a hose.
Stick the attachment end in the suck side and then put the other end in
the blow side and most of the time it unclogs whatever was stuck in the
hose.

Brian