Re: [Shop-talk] old people pouring gas

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] old people pouring gas
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 10:30:26 -0500 12/06/2018 10:30:27 AM, Serialize complete at 12/06/2018 10:30:27 AM
--===============4494847914214278564==

--=_alternative 00552DFB8525835B_=

Steve writes...

>I invested in a topside creeper:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QGXSODA.

I want to not only second this idea, but I will also encourage ANYONE that
works on trucks or SUVS (but cars also), get one of these.  I don't use it
as often as others, but I DO NOT consider doing some jobs without it
anymore.

I would also pay twice the price for it, as it increases the comfort,
visibility, and access when doing work.  (I have a lift also, but this is
for topside work.)

I have changed many sets of plugs/wires/etc since getting it.  One truck I
did before I had it, and again after I had it.  The time savings alone was
about 3 hours.  Just not having to get out from under the hood is a HUGE
savings.

BTW, if you remember I was having problems with my GMC 3500 and was
suggested to replace the igintion system.  I did it with my creeper. Coil,
rotor, cap, wires, and plugs for a V8 was about 40 mins!  I would estimate
it would have been at least a hour longer (and whole lot less comfortable)
if I didn't have the creeper.  Especially given the fact that the
distributor is right on the firewall, below the heads.  The only way to
really see it is from directly above.

(as a follow up on if that fixed the problem, the truck hasn't been stored
in the damn garage yet, so I don't know if it fixed it, but I'm fairly
sure it will.)

So I give it a HUGE vote.  Besides, why do you need a reason to buy a new
tool?  8>)

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
Waldo Emerson
--=_alternative 00552DFB8525835B_=

in a topside creeper: &nbsp;</font></tt><a
href=https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QGXSODA><tt><font
but I will also encourage ANYONE that works on trucks or SUVS (but cars
also), get one of these. &nbsp;I don't use it as often as others, but I
DO NOT consider doing some jobs without it anymore.</font>
it, as it increases the comfort, visibility, and access when doing work.
&nbsp;(I have a lift also, but this is for topside work.)</font>
since getting it. &nbsp;One truck I did before I had it, and again after
I had it. &nbsp;The time savings alone was about 3 hours. &nbsp;Just not
having to get out from under the hood is a HUGE savings.</font>
with my GMC 3500 and was suggested to replace the igintion system. &nbsp;I
did it with my creeper. &nbsp;Coil, rotor, cap, wires, and plugs for a
V8 was about 40 mins! &nbsp;I would estimate it would have been at least
a hour longer (and whole lot less comfortable) if I didn't have the creeper.
&nbsp;Especially given the fact that the distributor is right on the firewall,
below the heads. &nbsp;The only way to really see it is from directly
above.</font>
problem, the truck hasn't been stored in the damn garage yet, so I don't
know if it fixed it, but I'm fairly sure it will.)</font>
why do you need a reason to buy a new tool? &nbsp;8&gt;)</font>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Tech Viper<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============4494847914214278564==--