Re: [Shop-talk] Backyard rocket hot cookers

To: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com> definitions=2020-05-07_12:2020-05-07, 2020-05-07 signatures=0 malwarescore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 spamscore=0 clxscore=1015 mlxscore=0 mlxlogscore=999 adultscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.0.1-2002250000 definitions=main-2005070151
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Backyard rocket hot cookers
From: Pat Horne via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 13:35:42 -0500
Cc: "Shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Iâ??d go for the natural gas line if you plan on going a bunch of cooking.
Nothing worse than having a propane tank run out in the middle of cooking.
Propane also costs more than natural gas - $/BTU wise.

Peace
Pat

Pat Horne
We support Habitat for Humanity

> On May 7, 2020, at 1:30 PM, Mark J Bradakis via Shop-talk
> <shop-talk@autox.team.net> wrote:

Okay, so I did some blackened catfish for dinner this morning ( I work
graveyard shift ) and really filled the house with smoke.  If you follow me on
Facebook you should have an idea about my cooking addiction.

Maybe I should get some sort of turkey deep fryer, 37 bazillion BTU propane
burner stand so I can do some seriously hot stuff without making the house
uninhabitable.  Any suggestions?  I'd like to do stuff on a cast iron grill
plate, adapt it to a serious wok burner* and such, doubt I will ever deep fry a
turkey.

Any suggestions?  Propane cylinders?  Run a natural gas line from the house to
the back yard?

mjb.

*:  This vid shows what sort of flame I'm looking for.
https://www.foodbeast.com/news/season-wok/