Re: [Shop-talk] tv - home theater cabling problem

To: "John Miller" <jem@milleredp.com>, "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] tv - home theater cabling problem
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@att.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 13:50:23 -0500
Here is my problem
Tv is 75â?? led  UN75J6300afxza Using U-verse system
Input  to tv is as follows

HDMI1
hdmi cable from Uverse DVR to LG LHT874 home theatre/DVP player through  HDMI
input port
Then from HDMI output to HDMI1 port on back of tv set

HDMI2
hdmi cable from Apple TV box to HDMI2 port on back of set

HDMI3

Hdmi cable from Samsung DV/CD disc player to HDMI3 port on back of set

Tv works fine on hdmi1 setting thru home theatre system with home theatre
controlling
Sound.

When I switch to HDMI2 and appleTV   the video works fine but I can still hear
the audio from
The U-verse on HDMI1

Is there a setting or cable routing that I have wrong or am missing to hear
only audio from the HDMI port I select ??

I am not using any component cabling at all   should I be ??