Re: [Shop-talk] Dead battery question

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net> 2903e8d5c8f:6.0.138,18.0.572,17.0.605.474.0000000 definitions=2020-02-14_11:2020-02-14_02,2020-02-14_11,2020-01-23_02 signatures=0 clxscore=1015 phishscore=0 adultscore=0 malwarescore=0 bulkscore=0 mlxscore=0 suspectscore=0 mlxlogscore=999 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.12.0-2209130000 definitions=main-2301020128
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dead battery question
From: Thomas Coradeschi <tjcora@icloud.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 09:06:44 -0500
At least you can get the hood open to connect jumper cables!

My boxster has solenoid operated latches for both the trunk and the frunk
(guess which is which!).

Fortunately, the engineers at Porsche added a connector to the fuse block in
the driverâ??s footwell, which allows you to power up the circuit so you can
pop the frunk and get at the battery and its connections. It does require a
pretty decent amount of current to operate. A battery charger (old school, not
a smart charger) wonâ??t do the job.

Thereâ??s also a manual override (a cable), which you can fish out from behind
the front bumper and use to pop the latch if the solenoid dies.

FWIW.

â??
Tom Coradeschi
tjcora@icloud.com