shotimes

[Shotimes] Problems after clutch job...

To: SHOTimes <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shotimes] Problems after clutch job...
From: Edward Mazurek <emazurek@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 14:13:03 -0400
Hi,

On my 95 MTX I replaced the clutch with a shonut HD pressure
plate, disc and ceramic throwout bearing. I had the flywheel
ground as well.

Once I put it all together the clutch seemed very smooth and
good. Then, it seemed to get worse. On the inital take-up of
the clutch, the car would move forward smoothly. However, towards
the end of the clutch engagement, the car starts to shake.
I don't feel anything in the clutch pedal itself but the car
really shakes.

Another aspect of this is that it doesn't seem to do this when
the car has just started up first thing (when the engine is cold).

Did I do something wrong? I've replaced several clutches in my
time and never had a problem like this.

One thing I thought of, especially considering the fact it is
OK just starting off and gets worse once everything is warmed
up, is that could my engine mounts be bad? I didn't seem to
have a problem befor the clutch job, just a little chatter
and the clutch wasn't disengaging properly.

Any and all comments welcome!

Thanks,

Ed