shotimes

RE: [Shotimes] Re: Effingham Update

To: <v8sho@v8sho.com>, <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Re: Effingham Update
From: "Ron Porter" <ronporter@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 01:52:03 -0400
Well, what we've been doing for a few years now is that all SHO events in
that calendar year use the FRS channel that has corresponded to the
Convention. As more folks have "tuned into" this, it saves confusion, as
folks can now figure out what channel is being used. We started this with
the pre-Convention events (like Lapeer) 4-5 years ago, then it just carried
over into the Convention caravans.

The only issue that comes up with going to Channel 15 this year is that the
older FRS radios only go to Channel 14. Now, I suspect that there aren't a
lot of folks in this situation (like me, but I'm getting new ones this year
anyway), but I propose that we just go with Channel 15, rather than trying
to use something like Channel 5 to accommodate the older radios., as the
problem doesn't go away. We don't need to drop to the lower numbers until
after 22.

BTW, Mid-America also bought Tweeks (at the time, one of my favorite
vendors) so they also now sell Porsche parts. Mid America did not make
friends in the Porsche community when they did that. I never needed to buy
anything else from them, but I just don't see Mid America/Tweeks ever
mentioned by the 911 folks anymore.