Re: Light Plinth

To: Alan Storey <astorey@magni.berry.edu>
Subject: Re: Light Plinth
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 07:34:26 -0800
Alan,
What sort of "plinth" are you needing?  I've seen two types of turn
signal lights on early spits and neither of them have a plinth.  The
early ones have glass lenses that are identical to the front glass
lenses only red.  The later ones are a larger plastic lens that fit over
a rubber curved affair that make them aim straight on a curved rear
valance.  If it is the later type you are talking about, I am going to
have the whole assembly available shortly, because I have located a pair
of glass lenses to replace the later ones that are on my early Spit.

If this makes any sense whatsoever, let me know.

Joe

Alan Storey wrote:

> Dear Spit List,
>
> Since plinths have been mentioned, does anyone know of a source of
> plinths for the rear turn signal lights on  early Spitfires?  I have a
> 1965 Spit that could use these parts, and the ones on my parts cars
> are no better.  I checked with Kipping and Victoria British, and they
> don't have them.
>
> If they aren't available, has anyone ever tried to make small rubber
> parts like this with one of the rubber moulding kits sold by Eastwood?
>
> Alan Storey
> astorey@berry.edu

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer