Spitfire Carb Question(s)...

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire Carb Question(s)...
From: Chip Mautz <clmautz@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 07:23:12 -0700 (PDT)
Hey all - in the process of bolting together my '71 MKIV, I had a
question.

I'm putting this thing together so that it will be a nice driver and
future SCCA Solo II autocrosser.  It currently has the CD150 Stromberg
carb.

I'd love to go euro-spec and put dual SU HS4's on it, but don't know
if it'd throw me into another class (Street Prepared, Prepared, etc.)?

If that is the case, I'd rather put a Weber DGAV on it, set it, and
forget it!  That's how my '72 had been set up, but I never got to race
it.

Any other Solo II racers out there know?  It'd be cool if I could set
up the dual SU's and get some more performance out of it, but remain
in stock class...

Thanks!

Chip

==
If you're still in control, you're not going fast enough...