GT6 Brake Servo Bypass

To: Scions of the Spitfire <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: GT6 Brake Servo Bypass
From: Dee Jackson <dee_jackson@gilbarco.com>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 14:23:33 -0400
Fellow Spitters and  other Owners of Wee Cars,

I'm slowly but surely going thru the various systems on my GT6.  Thanks
for the earlier electrical advice you all offered.  It was a great deal
of help and, btw, the black/purple wire did go to the brake light
(thanks, Joe).  I was able to put in a battery and, miraculously, no
smoke rolled out from beneath the dash.  A few niggling electrical bits
yet to sort out, but I'm 90% there.  Amazing what a manual with a
close-to-correct schematic can help.  Thanks to Tom O'Malley who, just
yesterday, conveniently drew out the anti-runon valve circuitry that my
factory manual lacked.

I'm now trying to get the brakes functional again.  The DPO broke off
the bleed nipples, then retapped for larger nipples, to no avail, so
I've got new calipers on order.  I want to bypass the brake servo unit
while I figure this car out.  The brake booster is in serious need of
help, but I'm not to that point, yet.  It would appear that if I can get
the pipe that runs from the PDWA to the three-way union behind the
wishbone (on a non-assisted car), I can effect this change.   I know
there are different thread sizes between the late model PDWA (one access
plug) and the early (two access plugs).  Can someone tell me if the
early Spitfires and GT6s shared the same PDWA?   I think it'll be easier
to find the Spitfire pipe than that of the the GT6.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

--
Dee Jackson              Ph. 336-547-5007
Gilbarco Inc.             Fax 336-547-5234