Re: GT6 Brake Servo Bypass

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, Dee Jackson <dee_jackson@gilbarco.com>
Subject: Re: GT6 Brake Servo Bypass
From: ctschmitz@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Date: Tue, 05 May 98 13:33:43 PST8

        Dee -

        I don't know much about GT6s, other than what's common between the
        Spitfire and the GT, but...

        On my '70 Spit, the pipe that goes from the PDWA to the three way union
        has a larger fitting in the PDWA than is in the three-way.
Specifically,
        the fitting at the PDWA has a 7/16-20 thread on it, while the three-way
        has the standard 3/8-24 threaded fitting. This was done to keep DPOs
        from hooking up the portion of the master cylinder that is supposed to
        run the rear brakes to the front brake circuit. Unfortunately, the
        7/16-20 fitting which would go on a 3/16 pipe is made from unobtaium. I
        happen to know this because I somehow threw mine away and have been
        unable to find a replacement. Duh. I'm now contemplating a trip to the
        lathe, but that's another story.

        The message is - DON'T THROW THAT FITTING AWAY OR LOSE IT!, unless it's
        really boogered up you can buy a standard 3/16 bubble-flared line of
        about 24" and put that old fitting on.

        If anyone out there knows where we can get an new pipe, or even a new
        fitting, I'd sure appreciate knowing about it.

        Tom