Re: Steering Rack Boots

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Steering Rack Boots
From: Tom Shirley <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 19:52:22 -0400
lsmc wrote:
> Check the other side of the steering rack. My 63's rack....hmmm......anyway,
> the diameter is different for each side.

Well, duhhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't you just hate it when you make a fool of
yourself in front of the world. After reading the above post, I thought,
NOOOOOO!, the other side can't be bigger!!!!!  Guess what, it is. I just
took one of the boots out of the box, assuming that they were both alike
and, of course, it was the small boot and I was working on the big side
of the rack. I guess I get the Homer Simpson DOOOOOH! award. Thanks for
the help and anyone with a question on the steering racks can be sent my
way. I promise to be gentle. 8^)

BTW, they are both installed. Gotta replace both tie rod ends though.
Rotten rubber. Thanks Lew!

Tom Shirley  Sale Creek, TN (just north of Chattanooga)
http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080

My Datsun 510 #18 (the race car)
http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080/510stuff.html

Spitfire FAQs and Tips