Re: beating a dead horse........again

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: beating a dead horse........again
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 17:37:01 -0600
Hi Joe,

I tried the Marvel Mystery oil in my dashpots and one time when I had
the bonnet up and was adjusting the carbs, the engine backfired and
the dashpots slammed up and the oil came squirting out of the
dashpots and left spots from the engine to the boot.  Quite a mess.
I switched back to 20w-50 at the point.

> I use Marvel Mystery oil in the dashpots of my SU's, but others use
> ATF or engine oil.  MHO is that engine oil may be too heavy for
> proper damping action.

Brad  (In Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Car is finally home and ready for
Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Frame back in garage and ready to
paint)